How Do I Self Initiate a Test?
Both Testers and Self Testers are still able to self initiate a test at any time. Please note that self initiated test results will still be visible to any monitor or accountability partner listed on the account.
If a self initiated test is taken outside of the grace period of a scheduled test, even within a minute, it will not count towards the scheduled test, but the results will still be available in the app.
To self initiate a test please follow the steps below:
- Log into the BACtrack View app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Click the blue and white icon located at the bottom middle of the app.
- The app will display Turn on Your BACtrack. Press the silver power button on your breathalyzer to turn it on. Please make sure your Bluetooth and Location Services are enabled on your phone.
- The screen will show when the device is connected.
- Next, Get Ready to Test will display and the app will show you an image of how to hold the phone or tablet and your breathalyzer.
- It will then let you know to take a deep breath. Please make sure your face is within the oval on the screen.
- Next, it will display: Blow Continuously for 6 seconds. Blow into the breathalyzer for the full 6 seconds.
- The app will display: Preparing to Upload.
- It will then show you the uploading screen. Please be sure to wait until it has fully uploaded 100% and you see the screen in the next step.
- It will display your result and the image. Click Close at the bottom of the screen.
- Your test will display at the bottom of the calendar.